Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Developing Lines of Professional Inquiry

Throughout my career I have constantly been faced with challenges, each of which posed questions and dilemmas.  This is a fantastic opportunity for me to explore and confront the dramas, big and small, that have been niggling away at me for all these years.
I really enjoyed the last task on professional inquiry 2d as I gained fresh ideas and a new outlook as a performer, so the prospect of looking in more depth and raising my engagment further on this topic truly excites me.
To get my mind working I have brainstormed all obvious questions that have confronted me in my professional working life, and within minutes I was on my second piece of paper. The pace I was working at was very speedy and being able to identify lines of inquiry has clarified my vision. Seeking out new information has widened my knowledge base.

Below are the questions thrown up by my initial brainstorming session:









3 comments:

  1. Great questions Stacey and all ones I have asked myself at some point in my career! Look forward to seeing what you settle on. Have you started a discussion on facebook about any of these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi stacey, i was really struggling to get started, but looking through all the blogs i seem to understand yours the most. I have decided to do a brainstorm like yours as i seem to have so many questions and dont know where to start. Looking forward to see if we have any in common.
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey! I really appreciated this blog!

    Before I began my training at Italia Conti, I thought of myself as a dancer. I have trained in all areas (ballet, tap, jazz, etc.) but my main passion has always been commercial.

    Throughout my training, I've realised I am NOT the best dancer, nor singer, nor actress in the industry and I can really relate to many of the questions you asked yourself!!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete